When it comes to learning, most articles are devoted to students and provide them with multiple recommendations, tips, and tricks. This article likewise has a goal to help students. However, it’s…
Category: Official Letter
Official Letter is letters sent at the formal level in official, semi-governmental and non-governmental contexts. These may include letters written in terms of professional, official and general life-behavior. These letters require brevity, sparsity, and self-completeness.
What Is An Official Letter?
An official letter is a letter which is written to those with whom we have no personal relationship. An official letter, only the work-related matters are taken care of. Related to business, application letters to the boss, application forms, letters to government departments, letters to the editor, etc. are called official letters. An official letter writing, mainly the message, information, and facts are given more importance. In this, shortness means fewer words, just talking about the work, clarity means that the recipients of the letter are expected to use such an easily understood language and automatic completion means to say the whole thing in a single letter.
Types Of Official Letter:
- Application Letters:
The letters in which a request or prayer is made are called ‘Application Form’. Letters are written for leave, complaint, correction, application, etc. come in the application form. These letters can be written from the Principal of the school to any government department official.
- Office Letter:
The letters which are written for official work are called ‘official letters’. These are written to government officials or officials, school and college principals and principals. These letters include letters written to the postal superintendent, editor of the newspaper, transport department, station in-charge, school principal, etc.
- Business letters:
The letters that are written for buying and selling goods or transaction of money in business are called ‘business letters’. These letters include letters written to shopkeepers, publishers, merchants, companies, etc.
Things To Keep In Mind While Writing An Official Letter:
- Official letters are bound in rules.
- Language is used carefully in such type of letters. It does not mention unnecessary things (Kushal-Mangal Samachar etc.).
- The beginning and end of the letter should be effective.
- The language of the letter should be simple, clear and beautiful.
- If you are writing a letter from the class or exam building, then you should write the class or exam building (in the place of your address) and the KBC (in the place of your name).
- Write the letter along the margins on the left side of the page.
- One should try to write the letter on one page only so that the consistency/rhythm is maintained.
- The Principal should write his name, class, and date in place of the sender while writing the letter.
The Official Letter Format:
- Start the letter by writing ‘in the service’, designation and address of the letter recipient.
- The subject: About which the letter is being written, write it in word-gestures in only one sentence.
- Address: To whom the letter is being written – Sir / Madam, Honorable, etc. Use courtesy words.
- Content: It should be written in two paragraphs
- The first paragraph should start with the sentence “Civil request is”, then write about your problem.
- The second paragraph – Write what you expect from them by writing “I humbly request you”.
- Signature and Name: Words, like thank you or forgiveness for pain, should be used and at the end write your signature by writing your sincere, sincerely, the applicant and write your name below it.
- Address of the sender- the locality/locality of the city, city, pin code, etc.
Tips To Write Official Letter:
- The language of the letter should be simple, sentences should be short and unambiguous.
- You can write the subject of the letter in a different paragraph.
- Never repeat the subject.
- Do not give the formalities much detail.
- Prioritize the essentials and write first.
- Hard language and abusive language should never be used in the letter.
- If any important, important thing is left to write, then on the left side – write the word ‘PS’ and write the same thing
Sample One Day Leave Application For Office
Taking leave without a proper leave application and without boss/manager’s approval is like putting every Tom, Dick, and Harry in difficulty at your office. You must write a leave application to your…
10 Samples Of Recommendation Letter
A letter of recommendation is a letter of reference that vouches for a particular individual dependent on their attributes and capabilities. Regardless of whether you’re a business or an educator, you’ve no…
Tips And Sample To Write Letter Of Intent
In case you work looking, you may have detected a couple of online occupation postings that request a letter of intent however I’m not catching that’s meaning? In this unique circumstance, a…
A Sample Of Casual Leave Application For Teachers
For some reason or for some time the teacher also needs leave from their work. For this situation, I am giving a sample of casual leave application for teachers. Table of Contents:…
Pattern & Sample Of Leave Request Email To Manager
Nowadays companies ask their employees to write emails instead of letters to seek leave. Many people think that it is quite difficult. So, for them, I am giving a sample of leave…
Half Day Leave Application Not Feeling Well
Many time we do not feel well while working in the office. At that time we have to seek leave. For this situation, I am giving the proper way to request for…
Easy Yet Best Way To Write Leave Application Mail To Manager
It is impossible for anyone to keep on working and working without any leave. At such times, it’s always better to just take some fresh breath, and for that, you will have…
Simple Casual Leave Application To Boss
There are some things, which you must keep in mind while composing a leave application to boss for a casual leave or for vacation. The most important fact is that it’s necessary…