There was a time when people used to write an application letter for a sick leave request instead of sending a sick leave message to the boss. But now the time has changed! Now instead of writing letters on a piece of paper, people prefer composing an email or WhatsApp, or phone message to inform the company (manager) about the sickness and the reason for not attending office for a day(s).
It has become more common in India since the arrival of Covid 19 (coronavirus). Since then, many offices are allowing work-from-home duties. In those cases, people couldn’t write an application on a piece of paper and send it to the manager.
Moreover, there was another reason that writing an application and submitting was prohibited (not declared directly). This is because, since COVID-19, people are avoiding direct contact with people, especially those who are suffering from any symptoms like flu, cough, sneezing, etc.
And writing sick leave mail for the office after you completely recover from your illness is not very convenient. You must inform the office about your illness and confirm whether or not you are attending work tomorrow.
And there comes the use of sick leave messages in your rescue. Now you can write a short message informing your mental health condition and ask for leave over the phone or message. For urgent help, unwell leave messages are great.
However, how to apply due to viral fever leave application to the boss is still not clear to some people. Especially for those who were used to writing a proper application with the subject line, mentioning best regards, greeting, etc. And for those people, we have prepared this content with tips, samples, etc. to compose an unpaid sick leave massage for 1-day or more than one day’s leave.
Let’s have a look at the details to write a sick leave massage in this article below…
What’s A Sick Leave Massage?
Well, A Sick text message on teams is generally a simple text message that can you can send to your manager/boss or co-workers informing your sickness and your inability to attend office. The purpose of sending this formal sick leave message is, to notify the manager about a sickness in which you are unable to attend work. It can be due to sore throat, body pain, urgent needs, etc.
An employee can write and send such a extend sick leave message to his or her co-worker, manager, or boss, informing the illness as well as the workload today or pending tasks today so that they can appoint someone else for the work today.
Tips to Write Paid Sick Days Leave Message/Urgent Emails
With all that stated above, here are a few quick tips for your office sick leave msg or email to your boss, manager, or co-workers:
- Keep it Simple & Short. Do not overburden the receiver with a lengthy message giving your complete backstory. Simply make your point: You are sick and can’t come to work today. No need to mention you went to the doctor yesterday or last night and all. You Neither have to mention the prescribed medication you’ve received.
- Keep It Explicit. Do not beat around the bush. This is because it’s awkward. Furthermore, just state what you have to say and send it. Like, say that “Due to my body pains, I won’t be able to attend office today”. And wait for your answer emails.
- Keep It Natural. Do not exaggerate points that might torment you in the office as soon as you return to the office. Just be genuine about your condition and expect to get the leave permission.
- Spare the points. Your boss does not have to know your dirty unnecessary illness details. Just inform them that you are sick and exactly what you want now, as well as that you won’t be able to make it to work and meet clients that day.
What to Add in The Sick Day Email Text
Keep your email text concise and clear. Below we have listed down a few points mentioning what you should include in your sick day absence message.
- Reason for your absence: Mentioning the reason for your absence is what the boss or manager wants to know. Nothing else. So, precisely state the reason behind your absence from the sick day.
- How long you will be absent: Mentioning the period of your absence is another important point here. When you take a leave for a certain period, your work has to be given to your co-workers. Because the work can’t be delayed for your sickness, right? So, mention the period so that your boss or manager can appoint someone else for the job when you are absent. Mention the starting and end date when you will be absent.
- Address your availability so that your boss can communicate with you if needed: You need to address your availability to the boss or manager so that they can communicate with you whenever needed. For example, suppose you were handling an important client but got sick last night and you need to take leave the next day, in that case, you are the only one who knows every detail about the client. So, the boss, manager or your co-worker who has been appointed in your place may have to contact you.
- Name the point person: When you are taking a leave from the office, you need to appoint someone else in your place to take on the duty. So, mention the person you want to appoint in your place.
- Professional Closing: Finally, end the sick day email using a simple closing as well as your name.
You can even email your group with a copy of this message that does not include the details of your doctor’s note, medical certificate, and ailment.
How To Write A Sick Leave Email?
Unlike traditional application letters, emails are way easier to write. Here all you have to do is to select the recipient of the email, mention the subject of your email in the given subject line bar, start composing the email test with greetings like “Respected Sir,” and then simply state the reason behind your absence. Finally, state your name and your designation after thanking the person. And that’s it! You are done composing your sick day leave an email to your boss or manager. Here is a sample email given for your convenience. Please have a look at the sample here…
Sample Sick Leave Request Through WhatsApp
Here is a few sample sick day leave text messages which you can use to ask for a leave from your office.
SMS For Dengue Fever
SMS For Chest infection
SMS For Foot Pain
SMS For Throat Infection
Sick Leave Message to Teacher/ SMS For Allergy
SMS For Neck Pain
SMS For Shoulder Pain
SMS For Stomach/Belly Pain
Viral Fever Message to Boss
SMS For Arm injury
SMS For a Leg Injury
SMS For Headache
SMS For Vomiting
SMS For Cough with infection
SMS For Malaria Fever
SMS For Ear pain
SMS For Eye infection
Your sick leave application or leave message due to health issues should be sent directly to your boss or your manager and not to your colleagues. Although you can inform your colleagues too about your condition. But when it comes to asking for leave, you need to make sure that you send the message directly to your boss or your manager.
Q. How do you write a paid sick leave message?
A. You should write a short and precise message about your sick leave. Only mention the reason for your absence note and when will you join the office again.
Q. How do you write a short leave message?
A. Simply, mention the reason for your absence, who is going to take up your duty, and when will you return to the office. That’s it. No need to exaggerate.
Q. Can I Inform My Sick Leave On WhatsApp?
A. Well, that depends on whether your boss or manager approves your leave via WhatsApp or not. However, it is always recommended to write an email instead of asking for a leave on WhatsApp.
Q. How do I inform my sick leave on WhatsApp?
A. Simply state your health condition and ask for a leave.